18 Dec. 2013
The Illinois State Police have now unveiled the website where future concealed carriers in Illinois will be able to submit their application. Today the site went into beta testing for currently approved concealed carry instructors. While there were a few known bugs reported, the process seemed to go fairly smoothly.
As an added bonus, individuals wanting to apply for a permit may also complete the application, but aren’t permitted to the last step, payment. This will open on January 5th. Interested parties can however enter in 90% of their information for the application, and have it saved on the site (Since they are still testing, it is possible the information could be lost).
Before starting the application process, make sure you have the following:
- Illinois Digital ID (used to login)
- Foid Card
- Driver’s License
- TCN # (If providing fingerprints)
- Scanned copy of your Illinois Concealed Carry Certificate
- Scanned copy of your 1st 8 hours of training (NRA Basic Pistol, DD 214, etc.)
- Photo within the past 30 days – Head and Shoulders shot on a light background
- Payment – eCheck or Credit Card (Won’t be able to submit payment until January 5th 2014)
If your are experiencing any trouble with the application process, the IllinoisCarry Forums are a great source of information.